Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What time does service begin?
A: Sunday School begins at 10 am, followed by Praise & Worship at 11 am. Sunday morning service begins at 11:30 am.
Q: How do I get there?
A: Mount Carmel is located at 30683 Hampden Avenue, Princess Anne, MD 21853. For a more detailed map, check out our contact page.From Salisbury/Ocean City:
- Take US-13 S
- Turn left onto MD-822 E
- Take the 1st right onto MD-675 S/Somerset Ave
- Turn left onto Hampden Ave. (Destination will be on the right)
From Pocomoke/ Eastern Shore Of Virginia:
- Take US-13 N
- Slight right onto MD-675 N/Somerset Ave
- Turn right onto Hampden Ave. (Destination will be on the right)
Q: What should I wear?
A: Mount Carmel has a “come as you are” atmosphere. You will see some dressed up; some dressed casual. We have no expectations for attire.
Q: What is the music like?
A: We have a blended style of music during worship, ranging from contemporary to traditional.
Q: Is there a separate service for children?
A: No, children and adults participate in the same service. We believe that children should participate and learn to worship at an early age.
Q: How do I join Mount Carmel?
A: Church membership may be obtained by one of the following:
- BAPTISM - Any person who desires to become a member of the Mount Carmel must come before the body of the Church.
- LETTER - Members of other churches may be received into membership of Mount Carmel by majority vote of the Church upon the presentation of a letter of dismissal from the previous church.
- CHRISTIAN EXPERIENCE AND RESTORATION - Former members of Mount Carmel or any other church may be accepted by majority vote of Mount Carmel for membership upon furnishing satisfactory evidence of conversion and by indicating the desire or intention to return to this body.
- TRANSFERS - Individuals who transfer to Mount Carmel from another church must come with a letter from their former church, especially if they desire to become an official in the church or to hold an office.