Timeline
  • 1925

    Mount Carmel Baptist Church had its humble beginning when the Reverend Noah Brown and others rented what had been a grocery store from Mr. George “Pike” Walston and that was the birth of Mount Carmel Baptist Church.

  • 1928

    Land was purchased and another church was built. It was later moved to its present location at 30683 Hampden Avenue.

  • 2005

    Reverend Elwood White served as Pastor for twenty-four years before retiring on July 31, 2005.

  • 2006

    Ordained on Saturday July 22, 2006, Reverend Carroll Mills was installed on Saturday, August 12, 2006 as the full-time Pastor.

  • 2009

    Mount Carmel was demolished in May 2009 by burning in order to make way for the construction of a new church.

  • 2010

    Known as “The Church With A Heart For The Community”, the church was rebuilt in eight (8) months. Mount Carmel Baptist Church was rededicated in January 2010.

  • 2013

    Forty-one (41) months—3 years and 5 months later—God allowed us to make the final payment on the mortgage.

Connect with us